This might be necessary if you're having problems updating the driver. Lets begin!
What you'll need:
- The attached script (removeDriverManually.sh - see bottom of article)
- Download the script
- Open Terminal and go to ~/Downloads
- chmod +x removeDriverManually.sh
- then sudo ./removeDriverManually.sh
- that should be it!
Longer version of "The Goal"
The goal is to remove the driver. It's got a couple of parts, in the following folders:
- This file: /Users/<your name>/Library/LaunchAgents/com.shinywhitebox.SWBAudioDaemon.plist
- This entire folder: /Users/Shared/SWBAudioDaemon
- And also this entire folder: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/SWBAudioCapturePlugIn.driver
If the above script doesn't work, please manually check each of the above locations and remove the file/folder as specified. You'll need administrator rights to do this.
Finally; reboot in order to restart the audio subsystem, or if you're comfortable in terminal, do:
launchctl kickstart -k system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod