Just Upgraded to BigSur?
If you're here wanting an audio driver for BigSur, please use SWB Audio App instead.
iShowU Audio Capture will not work on BigSur.
This driver is DEPRECATED and only needed for older installs (maxos 10.13 or earlier). SWB Audio App is the recommended replacement for BigSur (11.0)+ and later. This driver should not be used and will be removed in the future.
What is iShowU Audio Capture?
iShowU Audio Capture is an extension used by iShowU Studio & iShowU Instant to record audio from your computer.
iShowU Audio Capture is designed for use with iShowU Studio or iShowU Instant. You may use it for other purposes but we can only provide support for its use with iShowU products.
Installing iShowU Audio Capture on Mojave/Catalina
- Download the iShowU Audio Capture installer.
- Once the download has finished, find the installer - it should be in your Downloads folder.
Double click to open the package, and run the installer.
- Press the Continue button. You will need to restart at the end of installation.
- The installer needs to write into the /Library and /Applications folders. It'll need your permission.
- It'll now run off and do it's thing.
- Part way through; you may get a dialog like this:
- If you DO NOT see the above. Please, please (PLEASE) go into "General" and double check that the driver hasn't been blocked. For example, here's a shot from a user that did NOT see the dialog, yet General shows:
In this case; click the lock, enter your password, and Allow the driver to load.
- Open up system preferences, and you should see: Note:If you do not, close system preferences and open it up again.
- Click the unlock button. You'll be prompted for your account password.
- Now you click the Allow button!
- Catalina only: macOS will probably whine at you that you're installing a soon to be deprecated driver. Click yes for now, we're still working on a replacement.
- When you're asked to restart: do not restart just yet.
Close this one for now, by pressing OK.
- OK. Now that the installer is done, NOW you can restart. And yes, you do need to.