For more information on what iShowU Audio Capture is and why you might want to keep it installed, check out this article.
- Open your Applications folder and find the Uninstall iShowU Audio Capture app. If you can't find the Uninstall iShowU Audio Capture app, reinstall iShowU Audio Capture by following the instructions in this article, then run the uninstaller app.
- Run the app and click Yes. You will need to enter your password to complete the uninstallation.
- When the installation is finished, you should see a success message. If you do not, or if you see an error message, please contact shinywhitebox support.
Delete the following:
/System/Library/Extensions/iShowU Audio Capture.kext; or
/Library/Extensions/iShowU Audio Capture.kext
It'll be in one of the above locations.
Note: the quotation marks (double quotes) are important in the terminal commands listed below. DO copy/paste these if you don't know terminal that well.
This can be done from terminal using an administrator account.
- First find the file. Try doing:
ls -ald "/System/Library/Extensions/iShowU Audio Capture.kext"
- If you get "No such file or directory", try the next path.
ls -ald "/Library/Extensions/iShowU Audio Capture.kext"
Here's what it looks like when you find it:
Now that you know where it is, you can remove it using sudo rm -rf "<path here>".
- sudo rm -rf "/Library/Extensions/iShowU Audio Capture.kext"
You will be prompted for your account password. When you enter it nothing will show on screen. That's normal for a terminal session. Enter the pwd and hit enter, if successful you'll see ... not very much.
Use the up arrow key to do the ls command again. You know it's gone when you get "No such file or directory" back. Here's a quick animated GIF of the process.