NOTE: v1.0.6 fixed the echo that was auidble when enabling "route microphone"
For the app & audio driver, see: https://shinywhitebox.com/swb-audio-app
This video covers:
- Setting up so you can send both your mic & computer audio output over the call.
- Setting up Zoom for the above
- 00:37 - initial setup
- 00:50 - what we're trying to avoid (hearing computer audio sound via the mic)
- 01:25 - getting computer audio into zoom
- 02:32 - routing mic audio into the capture, so zoom can hear it
- 03:30 - use a headset to avoid echo (your mic picking up computer audio)
In short, you want to use SWB Audio Capture as the microphone input in zoom.
This means zoom will "hear" all the audio from your computer, assuing that you have your Sound | Output in System Preferences set to SWB Audio Capture.
To add the microphone, use SWB Audio App. Choose a microphone device within the 'Microphone' section, and enable 'Route mic -> SWB Audio Capture'.
SWB Audio App will then send the microphone audio to the driver as well, so that zoom hears both your computer audio and the microphone. It's also smart enough that it does not send the microphone to the preview.
This means you can use SWB Audio App to:
- Set the default device (System Preferences | Sound | Output) for you
- Preview computer audio to your headset
- Route the microphone to Zooom so other people on the call can hear you
all with the click of the preview switch (the big red/green switch), from the top menu bar.