If you can't get Soundflower to work, or a Soundflower upgrade has failed, the best thing to do is reinstall the driver. It doesn't take long to do, and normally fixes the problem. First you need to uninstall (and reboot), second step is to install the latest driver.
You must uninstall existing versions first:
If you've an existing version installed, this must be uninstalled and a reboot performed before you install a new versions. Failure to do this will likely cause the reinstall to fail silently.
Get the latest soundflower driver
Download the latest driver. See notes below:
- Leopard, or Snow Leopard: get the latest from here: google soudflower code
- For PPC machines running Tiger: You must use version 1.2.1.
- Open up the downloaded DMG file, and run the script highlighted below. This will remove the existing driver.
- Reboot - This part is important You must ensure that the driver is unloaded correctly, and rebooting will ensure this. Failing to do this part can result in update / installation problems (i.e: the next bit can fail).
Install the new driver
- Open up the DMG for the installer (the one you just downloaded)
- Install Soundflower. If you are prompted to restart the machine, please do so.
- Check System Preferences, Sound, Output. You should see this:
I have tried to use Discord for one of my start-ups but it didn't go really well. I needed funding and any of my investors wanted to put their cash into the new project with an unpredictable future. That's why I decided to check Fit My Money and find out how to come over the pre-approval for getting a personal loan. It was successful, but by that time I needed to find the new audio captures tool because this app plan failed a little bit.
Please sign in to leave a comment.