What is Soundflower?
Soundflower is an extension to OSX used by iShowU (and various other apps) to record audio from your computer. Shinywhitebox recommends Soundflower version 1.6.6b.
iShowU Studio Users: In iShowU Studio, Soundflower has been replaced by iShowU Audio Capture. We recommend installing this new driver.
Install the new driver
- The first step is to Download version Soundflower 1.6.6b.
- Find the installer. It's probably in your Downloads folder.
- Open up the DMG for the installer (the one you just downloaded)
- Run the Soundflower package installer by double clicking it and following through the prompts. If you are prompted to restart the machine, please do so (this step is important).
- Check System Preferences | Sound | Output. You should a new device called Soundflower 2ch:
I can't open the Soundflower Installer Package!!!
- If you receive a message like the following:
- Fear not. There is a very simple solution. Instead of double clicking to open the Soundflower package installer, hold down the 'alt / option' key, right click and select Open. This will prompt you if you want to open it, rather than simply refusing to do so. Here's an example: