- The first step is to Download version Soundflower 1.6.6b.
- Find the installer DMG. It's probably in your Downloads folder.
- Open up the downloaded DMG file, and run the script highlighted below.
- Press the play button at the top of the window. Doing so executes the script and removes the existing driver.
- Reboot [seriously!] - This part is important! To ensure that the driver is unloaded correctly, you do need to reboot. Failing to do this part can result in update / installation / general weirdness (tm).
If when you reboot (you did reboot, right?) you find that Soundflower is still there, check that it isn't installed in another location as well (thanks for Hauke Norman for this tip).
- Is Soundflower.kext in /Library/Extensions?
- If so, delete it