There are two steps to the uninstall:
- SWB Audio Capture (the audio driver itself)
- SWB Audio App (the menubar part, that you can see)Manually:
Step 1: Uninstall SWB Audio Capture
First step is to remove the audio driver. You do this using the SWB Audio App:
- Open SWB Audio App from the menu bar, and choose Uninstall Audio Driver.
- Enter your password in the dialog that appears.
- You can verify that the driver is uninstalled by going to System Preferences | Sound | Output. There should be no SWB Audio Capture driver listed anymore.
Step 2: Remove SWB Audio App
- Go to /Applications/
- Find SWB Audio App and move it to the trash.
Optional - Manual Uninstall
If you want to remove the driver manually, here's a script that'll do it:
Look to the very bottom of this article, and download the script "uninstall_swb_audio_app.sh"
Then from terminal, at the same place you downloaded it, run it:
bash uninstall_swb_audio_app.sh (then hit return)
echo "This script will remove SWB Audio App & SWB Audio Capture"
echo "Please enter your own user account password if asked. Press CTRL-C to abort."
sudo rm -rf '/Applications/SWB Audio App.app/'
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SWBAudioDaemon
sudo rm -rf /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.shinywhitebox.SWBAudioHelperTool.plist
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.shinywhitebox.SWBAudioDaemon.plist
sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/SWBAudioCapturePlugIn.driver
sudo launchctl kickstart -k system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod