I've had a few people unable to install the driver.
Looking at the logs, we see:
“SWBAudioDaemon.xpc” couldn’t be copied because you don’t have permission to access “SWBAudioDaemon”.
- The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied"
Upon further inspection, looks like permissions were incorrect. Probably because of an upgrade from a previous version of macOS (but I have no proof of that). Anyway, try this:
Change the permissions in two places:
such that your own user is the owner.
How to, in Finder:
This example is for ~/Library/LaunchAgents, but the idea is the same for /Users/Shared/SWBAudioDaemon (just use the 2nd path, in step (2))
- Open Finder.
- Press CMG-Shift-G to open the "Goto Path..." dialog. Type in ~/Library/LaunchAgents (it'll actuall autocomplete on recent versions of macOS)
- Press CMD-I to being up the Info panel, for that folder.
- Open up the Sharing & Permissions right at the bottom.
- You wan the owner to be yourself. Owner is the little icon with the single person.
- You want the privilege to be Read Write.
- Click the Lock symbol to make changes.
- Then change name by clicking the down arrow, and choosing 'make you owner'
You can see the menu is greyed out for me, because I'm already the owner.
That should do it!