For more tutorial videos on how to use iShowU Instant, check out our How-to video series.
So you've just got hold of iShowU Instant, great! Let's jump right in and create your first recording.
- Start the app by double-clicking on the iShowU Instant icon.
- If the trial box comes up, just click Continue Trial.
- Updates are a good thing, so check for those automatically by clicking Check Automatically.
- So the first thing is to choose what to record. To record another app, click Application Window, then just click on the app window you wish to record. Easy!
- When you're recording the screen you're generally explaining something, so recording the mic is good idea; tick Record microphone and select your microphone in the drop down list.
- You can record audio from other apps; you just need to install a driver. We've covered that in a separate video.
- The only thing to do now is press record!
- When you're done, stop the recording by pressing ⌘⇧2 or by clicking on the iShowU menu item and selecting Stop Recording. iShowU Instant will open the new recording file in QuickTime. That's it! You're done!
- Check out our How-to video series. This will introduce you to more of the settings/customization, advanced mode, sharing, iOS recording, and more.
- Have a read of the iShowU Instant FAQ for answers to any questions you may have.
- Ready to remove the trial watermark and purchase a license? Take a look at our purchase guide.
- To get the most out of using iShowU Instant, visit our tips page for easy ways to improve your recordings.
- If you need support with anything, follow the instructions here and we'll do our best to help.