In the unfortunate even of a crash, or if the app is continually not starting, we may request all recent crash logs. Here's how you go about finding them, and packing them all up to send to us.
- Open up 'Console'. If you don't know where it is, use spotlight. Or go to Applications/Utilities. It looks like this:
- Make sure the 'Log List' is showing. You should see something like this:
- Right click on one of the crash logs and choose 'Reveal in Finder'
- This will open up the folder where all the logs are (letting you select multiple, which we're going to do in the next step). You should see a finder window something like this:
- Now, select all of the relevant crash logs (use the name as a guide), right click, and choose 'Create Archive':
- This will create a new file, called 'Archive.zip':
- Please attach that in an email - that's the bit we need!