For more tutorial videos on how to use iShowU Studio, check out our quickstart Series.
You've just downloaded iShowU Studio, great! Let's jump right in and create your first recording.
- Start the app by double-clicking on the iShowU Studio icon.
- The first time you start the app you'll be presented with a series of dialogs:
Welcome to iShowU Studio This dialog provides some basic information about the app, feel free to skip this.
Security & Privacy In order to record keypresses and mouse clicks in your recordings, and to use the start/stop shortcuts you will need to enable accessibility for iShowU Studio.
iShowU Audio Capture In order to capture audio from other apps you'll need to install a special audio driver. For now you can skip this though.
Automatic Updates Updates are a good thing, so check for those automatically by clicking Check Automatically.
- By default iShowU Studio will start with a "settings" dialog. This lets you choose what to record.
- To record another app, move the mouse cursor over it and press the OPTION key (see the notes at the top of the screen). Done!
- When you're recording the screen you're usually explaining something, so recording the mic is good idea; select your microphone in the drop down list.
- You can record audio from other apps; you just need to install a driver. We've covered that in a separate video.
- The only thing to do now is press record!
- When you're done, stop the recording by pressing ⌘⇧2 (if you've enabled accessibility) or by clicking on the iShowU menu item and selecting Stop Recording. iShowU Studio will open a new recording project window. That's it! From here you can save, edit and share the composition.